Fancy a joint?

So on Monday Kesh and I went for a joint. And by that I obviously mean we went to Bristol’s Burger Joint. A place where you build your own burger and be as creative as you like with various free from options, especially vegan! With local fresh ingredients, It’s a very chill and casual vibe at The Burger Joint. You are given a menu and a paper menu/check list and pencil. Making the ordering process very simple as you literally go down the list and check off exactly what you want. And the pencils come with rubbers! for when you are indecisive with me and change your mind! The only queries I had when it came to the menu was what was the actual difference between the Veggie Joint and the Vegan Joint as there was not a description and as a self proclaimed cheese hater I was concerned. But after speaking to the friendly staff they assured me that the only difference was the egg wash for the breadcrumb coating.

So I ordered The Veggie Joint in a brioche bun with Onions, Mushrooms and Beer-battered onion rings, Sweet chili dip and Garlic mayo dip, Sweet potatoes chips, and Corn on the cob. Coming to £12.85.
A lot of food right? The portions are big.

Lets start with the positives! I loved actually having choice. A novelty for vegetarians (especially when you don’t eat cheese and live in Gloucester). The sweet potato chips were thick cut and cooked perfectly just with a touch of salt simple yet lovely. Onions and mushrooms were cooked perfectly and so were the corn on the cob with slight charring. However (here we go) one small butter for two corn on the cobs is not enough! Ever! Like who plated that! Weirdly there’s no salt on the tables only pepper. Then the burger itself, such a let down. I prefer to have a “meaty” burger rather than standard veggie/vegetable/beanie which you can get from anywhere! So that is where the meal failed me. I’d rather go to Burger Star for a proper burger (If you are ever in Gloucester then Burger Star is the one!).

So the novelty of options and the sides are all great and you could make so many different tasty combinations but the veggie burger itself was (insert Simon Cowel voice) a no from me.

So a very quick summary and rate (out of 5):

• Allergen menu 4 (If you are into it they have vegan cheese!)
  • My Meal 3
  • Overall service 3.5
  • Worth the money you’re paying? I mean yes its a great price for the portion and if you are into that kind of burger then go for it! But I wouldn’t go again.

1. 26th April 2018 / 2:43 pm

Good review of this joint. 😉 It sounds like there are tons of options. I would go for the sweet potato fries in a heartbeat!

2. 26th April 2018 / 8:53 pm

Vegan burgers sound yummy! Burger joints are the best. I love finding a restaurant I enjoy, it makes life that much better 🙂

3. 27th April 2018 / 1:10 pm

Food looks amazing. I like frequenting local and vegan options (though i don’t think i’m anywhere near here?!) I will save this for when I’m in the area.

4. 27th April 2018 / 3:03 pm

Amazing!! This is my idea of the perfect meal, I love a good burger joint! A vegan burger is always a bonus!

5. 27th April 2018 / 4:56 pm

The food here sounds amazing! I want to try out the burger

6. 27th April 2018 / 5:38 pm

This is definitely a joint I could get behind. I would love to taste this food. It looks so amazing. Just reminds me I need to go find a good place for my daughter’s birthday to go eat at.

7. 27th April 2018 / 7:38 pm

Oh my goodness! I love places where you get to build your own. This sounds fantastic and looks so good!

8. 28th April 2018 / 5:13 am

That sounds great and I really do enjoy those types of buns. I had a unique burger the other day – it was a burger in a pita bun. It was so much meat that I LOVED that it was just a pita pocket .. but since it was so much meat, tbe pita broke rather easily. However, it was delicious. Cheers to awesome burgers 🙂

9. 29th April 2018 / 6:43 am

My husband and I are burger connoisseurs and I’ve never had a veggie based one that’s even come close. Not that there’s anything wrong with them per se, it’s just that when I’m craving a burger, to me that means meat and big thick onion rings on the side. ps: The best place to get a good burger we’ve found is in small-town bowling alleys. Yep, it’s true! x

29th April 2018 / 11:11 am

Best veggie burgers are burger star! They’re “meaty” burgers and they’re so good

10. 3rd May 2018 / 2:29 am

A place that has vegan cheese is alright with me. We’ve been trying to eat vegan since September and we run into hard times whenever we eat away from home.