You Are Pretty! You Know, For a ginger

You Are Pretty! You Know, For a ginger

This one is one that I know is going to make people laugh, and that is because being “ginger” or a red-head in today’s society is seen as joke…

Just as stereotypes of “dumb blondes,” “blondes have more fun” etc.. being naturally ginger carries stereotypes too. The idea of ginger’s being angry or feisty or sunburnt etc.. is a common joke amongst so many people and trust me after being in a relationship with a Ginger guy in the past I have heard them all… and okay laugh a little, in fact some are funny/creative. But just as I get bored with the “Hiya Iya” jokes it turns out people with ginger hair are bored with the jokes too…

I know you’re dying to hear the jokes so here’s a few; Terry’s chocolate orange, Jaffa cake, constantly being informed of having mixed race children with ginger Afros..

Ok now that’s out-of-the-way, here’s the main points.

1. Ginger’s have no souls is boring now.
  2. Asking what colour pubes someone has is just wrong.. no matter what hair colour they have.. if you really care that much and get off on it then the persons eyebrow colour is normally their pubes colour (you’re welcome) but in today’s society where drawn on brows and tinting is so popular unless you’re with someone you probably just aren’t going to know… sorry.
  3. Just because someone is ginger it doesn’t make them unattractive.
  4. Freckles aren’t ugly.
  5. Not every Ginger is angry or bad-tempered.
  6. Just because you’re ginger doesn’t mean you can’t wear red.
  7. Don’t ask a redhead why they haven’t dyed their hair.
  8. Theres a difference between banter and bullying.

Meet Emma who is naturally a red-head (yes that’s her actual unedited hair colour in the first two pictures).. This is what people see VS. actual Emma VS. brunette Emma

Yes Emma is ginger. She is also bubbly, giggly,a dancer, a great model and a good friend!

Emma is Pretty! You know, for a girl with any hair colour.

Don’t forget to check out our last campaign post; You Are Pretty! You Know, For a Feminine Guy.

You can hit Emma up on insta; Emmalou243

And for photography our photographer as always is @graceeperryphotography or you can find her on her new site here.

1. 23rd April 2018 / 5:26 pm

A person should never be judged by their looks. Every person is special in their own ways and should be treated fairly no matter what color they are or what hair color they have. People making jokes on this makes me sad.

2. 23rd April 2018 / 8:01 pm

When my daughter was born her hair was red. Well, you know ginger. We were actually thrilled! For the life of me I don’t know why anybody would say ginger is ugly!

3. Hannah swancott
    23rd April 2018 / 8:27 pm

Ahhh she’s beautiful! I love naturally ginger hair, I would love to be a natural redhead! Her skin looks flawless, everything looks flawless!

4. Komal
    23rd April 2018 / 10:43 pm

Red heads are beautiful. I have no idea how this negative connotation came to be. But you rock it girl!

5. Geraline Batarra
    24th April 2018 / 4:51 am

That is totally beautiful hair and I do like it. Don’t mind them saying negative things about your hair color, you are beautiful always keep that in your mind.

6. 24th April 2018 / 6:05 am

I love that hair color and it’s so nice that you also made a post about being a ginger. I’m pretty sure they’re tired of the jokes as well and it’s also so insensitive. I hope this makes an impact just like all the other posts that you’ve written about self acceptance and self love.

7. 24th April 2018 / 7:49 am

I think ginger hair is beautiful so I don’t understand why some people would be so cruel about it. One of my friends who is naturally ginger dyed her hair due to all the comments she used to get which is sad x

8. 24th April 2018 / 1:41 pm

I have red hair and I adore them!!! Why to judge others or allow anyone to judge you? Love yourself and everything will be fine! Everyone is special and unique!

9. Autumn Murray
    24th April 2018 / 2:41 pm

I think red hair is stunning! People are so judgemental especially in the digital age where they can hide behind a computer screen and say whatever they want. Ginger is beautiful!

10. 24th April 2018 / 6:31 pm

I love her raven hair, she looks amazing. My brother is ginger and I think he is lovely inside and out.

11. 24th April 2018 / 7:24 pm

I think her hair and hair colour is stunning!!! I didn’t realise ginger haired people were targeted so much. Maybe it’s just my circle of friends we don’t tend to be like that we accept each other for who and what we are no matter what colour their hair or skin is.

12. 25th April 2018 / 12:50 am

I have to admit it did make me laugh when you said that you can tell what the colour of someones pubes are when you look at their eyebrows haha. But on a more serious note it really is juvenile that so many people continue to stereotype others and call them names. She is beautiful regardless of what her hair colour is.

25th April 2018 / 7:59 am

It’s just a great fact 😉 and completely agree

13. 25th April 2018 / 10:17 am

I have friends who have grown tired of the ginger jokes and not having any of it. People should seriously stop making fun of others for looking the way they look. It’s embarrassing for them and not the person they’re making fun of.

14. 25th April 2018 / 8:45 pm

Agree 100% with many other commenters that people need to stop being so judgmental and juvenile! I’ve never understood why ginger hair isn’t considered one of the more beautiful hair colors… I love red hair and have actually dyed mine many different shades of red over the years. My natural color is a light chestnut so I naturally have some shades of red, just not dark or solid red🌞

15. Jennifer Prince
    26th April 2018 / 7:52 pm

Compliments with qualifiers are never fun. She’s just pretty. It doesn’t need to have an “if” added to it!

16. Blair Villanueva
    27th April 2018 / 8:41 am

YOU are Beautiful. Period.
    I don’t understand why people are getting fuss about different looks. Maybe because they don’t have it and dying to have it but impossible? The only cause I’m seeing is JEALOUSY. Tsk Tsk.

17. 2nd May 2018 / 4:02 pm

I agree, I think the ginger jokes are boring now! Another great post from you, the photos are lovely too.