You are Pretty! You Know, For a Tall Girl.

You are Pretty! You Know, For a Tall Girl.

Campaign time! It’s time for the next chapter of this campaign and it’s time to talk about height. How tall you are is so important in today’s society for both women and men. Guy’s have to be 6ft or above and girls have to be between 5ft and 5ft5. You will literally see people boasting about their height on dating apps and social media. Boasting about something that’s literally just genetic and not even worked for…

Guys have to be taller than girls when in a relationship and short girls are preferred. There are literally short girl appreciation pages on social media. Again this goes back to short being seen as feminine as its seen as cute and enhances the view of being fragile and the idea of innocence. As being tall as a girl is seen as for some reason weird and masculine.

I thought we could kick this off with a list of tall girl problems! So here we go;

1. Not being able to wear heels as you’re apparently too tall as it is!
  2. Buying dresses, skirts or trousers and them just being the wrong length! Too long to be 3/4 length and too short to be ankle length (normally just above the ankles…).
  3. Always being put in the back of photos.
  4. Guys who are shorter being intimidated and finding it weird.
  5. People literally pointing out to you all the time that you’re tall.
  6. “Oh you’re so tall you should model” yet not seen as pretty for day-to-day..
  7. Feeling like a drag queen when ordering heels online, trying to find big enough heels (you know, if you can brave the heels conversations).
  8. If you have a long body rather than long legs then trying to wear a playsuit without getting uh.. camel toe.
  9. If there’s only two of you, having to do the awkward bending down pose for a photo.
  10. People assuming that height = great at sports.. but you’re not..

Time to meet the lovely Francesca, at 5ft10, Is Fran being tall weird/ unattractive?

The fact is if Fran was single on a dating app and advertised her height the majority of guys wouldn’t even bother with her.. But there is way more to Fran other than being tall… She is intelligent, fun, pretty, powerful, strong, independent, a campaigner, fashion forward, and well Fran is pretty! You know, for any Kind of girl.

Don’t forget to check out our last campaign post; “You Are Pretty! You Know, For A Ginger.

You can hit Fran up on insta; @francesca_ersilia

And for photography our photographer as always is @graceeperryphotography or you can find her on her new site here.

Photo one features @charlielouiseroberts and photo two features @lottiedboo.

1. Lorrain
    29th April 2018 / 4:47 pm

Another well written post and so true

2. 30th April 2018 / 8:59 am

Wow how times changes, when i was in my twenties, world loved tall, very slim woman. Because I am short, i always felt worse. I guess i was born in a wrong decade

3. Komal
    30th April 2018 / 12:54 pm

I am 5ft so I don’t know about these tall girl problems. However a label is a label and that’s messed up

4. 30th April 2018 / 3:59 pm

Honestly, I haven’t given mush thought to height in woman. My friends that are tall only complain about finding their shoe size! I think we are all gorgeous no matter how tall or short. If someone has a problem with that, it’s on them not the “too tall” or “too short” person.

5. Nathan
    30th April 2018 / 5:23 pm

I really dont think height should be an issue, my girlfriend is taller than me and I have no issues whatsoever. Its kinda a cliche and just a dumbstruck mentality that women need to be shorter than the man in a relationship. Btw, Fransesca looks lovely.

6. 30th April 2018 / 10:12 pm

I was literally having this conversation with someone earlier, I was messaging some people from Tinder and one of the people said that he would really like to go on a date with me but before he does he wanted to let me know what his height was ‘in case I would be put off by it’. I said don’t worry, I am short myself so height really does not matter to me. At the end of the day if you are a nice guy then I will give you a chance no matter how tall you are.

7. Chinedu
    30th April 2018 / 10:15 pm

I absolutely love this post. Regardless of your height, hair/skin colour, body size etc one must know they are beautiful for themselves. The media will have it’s on portrayal of what is beautiful and propagate that idea but it is important to celebrate people for how God made them. Very relevant and inspiring post. Fran is tall and Fran is lovely. 🙂

8. 1st May 2018 / 3:13 am

I admire tall girls and their height definitely doesn’t define who they are. I feel bad that they have to go through these. They’re amazing, just like every other girl!

9. Blair villanueva
    1st May 2018 / 4:48 am

Thanks for sharing this topic that i think we didnt realized it exist. I’m only 5’3 small for a runway model, but am happy with it 🙂
    Everyone is gorgeous!

10. Autumn
    1st May 2018 / 4:54 am

I really enjoy your blog and the empowerment you bring to celebrate our differences and to get people to focus beyond what they think is “normal” or “acceptable.” I believe in choosing love in every situation/scenario. You can’t go wrong with love!

11. Annemarie LeBlanc
    1st May 2018 / 8:08 am

I agree with that stereotyping that tall girls should be models or good in sports. Some girls, regardless of height are just not cut out for that. I love how empowering this post is. We must learn to be comfortable with ourselves.

12. 1st May 2018 / 12:00 pm

I’m about 5’8″ which by your definition is “tall” and unattractive in society’s eyes. I don’t know how much I agree with you about that, but it was an interesting blog post.

13. 1st May 2018 / 9:40 pm

I agree with the stereotype in our society related to the height of a girl! Even people mock girls whose height are shorter than 5 inches! We need to change that stigma!

14. Patrice
    2nd May 2018 / 12:19 am

Wow I can’t believe they would have short appreciation pages that’s disappointing.

Another interesting post to read x

15. 2nd May 2018 / 8:37 am

Why are people based on labels, I never get it. We are all the same know matter our height.

16. 2nd May 2018 / 5:28 pm

At 5″0′ this was an interesting read. Is the grass greener on the other side? I say, embrace the uniqueness of you and love the body that you are given 🙂

17. 2nd May 2018 / 5:46 pm

I see people the way I see flowers! We all come in different sizes and shapes and colors and we are all beautiful and precious !

18. 2nd May 2018 / 6:36 pm

I think that’s weird guys wouldn’t say hi to her on a dating app if she listed her height. She is truly stunning. I have dated tall girls before. It’s more about who the person is on the inside than the height anyway.

19. 2nd May 2018 / 7:19 pm

I’m on the other end of the spectrum in relation to this.. At 4’11” I’ve spent most of my 40 years getting teased for being short. Never being referred to as the beautiful or sexy one.. I am forever the cute and adorable one who never seems to age and is always treated as a child by those that don’t realize I’m 40yrs old!

20. 3rd May 2018 / 2:11 am

I cannot imagine having to deal with dating apps or sites again. It seems like there are so many people who are good looking and wonderful people out there that just get overlooked. Fran is a beautiful woman, sounds like a lovely person too! Glad you’re sharing these campaigns.

21. Renata - www.byemyself.com
    3rd May 2018 / 12:23 pm

What’s nice that you are making this is series is, that probably everybody will find themselves in one of the chapters. And this one is mine: When I was a teenager, I was very complexed being tall. In pictures, I tried to crouch so that I wouldn’t overtower everybody else – terrible!
    But the fact that probably everybody finds her (!) niche in this series at least shows, that none of us is perfect according to ‘expectations’

22. 3rd May 2018 / 5:46 pm

I can so identify with this. And now my daughter is in the same position, being the tallest girl in her grade and possibly school. We have encountered the same issues you are mentioning here time and time again. Great post!

23. 3rd May 2018 / 8:51 pm

I’m super short so I go through probably a little of the same. I have to wear high high heels and I still feel like people don’t take me as seriously because I’m so little.

24. 5th May 2018 / 12:08 am

I never got any problems like these because my height is just an average. But I’ve been dreaming to be a model type tall girl before never thought of those issue at all. You really won’t gonna know until you had it.

25. 5th May 2018 / 8:39 am

Its very frustrating because if you read the comments too there is always issues no matter what height you are. The shorter people get issues and the taller people get issues. My husband is 6ft 2 and I am 5ft 5, so I don’t think my girls are going to be smaller than me, so I think they will be tall. I hope by the society has got over this and they will be loved no matter what height they are

26. 5th May 2018 / 4:07 pm

Hmmm…In our country when then average female height is 5’2″, being tall is being coveted. Would like our daughters to grow at least 5’8″. It would be nice. 😀