Campaign time! It’s time for the next chapter of this campaign and it’s time to talk about height. How tall you are is so important in today’s society for both women and men. Guy’s have to be 6ft or above and girls have to be between 5ft and 5ft5. You will literally see people boasting about their height on dating apps and social media. Boasting about something that’s literally just genetic and not even worked for…
Guys have to be taller than girls when in a relationship and short girls are preferred. There are literally short girl appreciation pages on social media. Again this goes back to short being seen as feminine as its seen as cute and enhances the view of being fragile and the idea of innocence. As being tall as a girl is seen as for some reason weird and masculine.
I thought we could kick this off with a list of tall girl problems! So here we go;
- Not being able to wear heels as you’re apparently too tall as it is!
- Buying dresses, skirts or trousers and them just being the wrong length! Too long to be 3/4 length and too short to be ankle length (normally just above the ankles…).
- Always being put in the back of photos.
- Guys who are shorter being intimidated and finding it weird.
- People literally pointing out to you all the time that you’re tall.
- “Oh you’re so tall you should model” yet not seen as pretty for day-to-day..
- Feeling like a drag queen when ordering heels online, trying to find big enough heels (you know, if you can brave the heels conversations).
- If you have a long body rather than long legs then trying to wear a playsuit without getting uh.. camel toe.
- If there’s only two of you, having to do the awkward bending down pose for a photo.
- People assuming that height = great at sports.. but you’re not..
Time to meet the lovely Francesca, at 5ft10, Is Fran being tall weird/ unattractive?
The fact is if Fran was single on a dating app and advertised her height the majority of guys wouldn’t even bother with her.. But there is way more to Fran other than being tall… She is intelligent, fun, pretty, powerful, strong, independent, a campaigner, fashion forward, and well Fran is pretty! You know, for any Kind of girl.
Don’t forget to check out our last campaign post; “You Are Pretty! You Know, For A Ginger.”
You can hit Fran up on insta; @francesca_ersilia