You Are Pretty! You Know, For a Flat Chested Girl.

***WARNING*** The following blog post contains images of women’s natural breasts. If you are offended by this you are probably too immature to be on my site.. Please quickly close the tab and back away from your device. Thank you.

I have so much to cover in this post so bare with me! Pardon the pun.

Why are we so obsessed with boobs. Big or Small. Perky or Saggy. Nipples, size and shape. Sexualising and Anti breast-feeding in public spaces yet lapping up page 3 models. Boobs are something we are all just so obsessed with… So here’s the next part of our campaign all about ‘breasts’.

So many people are offended by boobs.. by visible nipples, the amount of cleavage or in some cases the lack off. Women breast-feeding in public. It’s something I’ve just never understood. First of all boobs are here for breastfeeding not sexualisation, in fact breast-feeding is one of the most natural things in the world so why people are offended by it is beyond me! I thought I better get that point out-of-the-way first. Obviously they can be used for pleasure so I do understand where the sexualisation and confusion comes from..

We are so obsessed with breasts and nipples being covered that we cringe or freak out if we can see them. Yet they are allowed in films and magazines but only for sexual purposes. On ‘This morning’ a day time TV show they had a debate about women sunbathing topless in public. Apparently sun bathing with your breasts out is too much of a struggle for teen boys to be around even if it is their own parent. When I read that statement it blew my mind. My mum always use to sun bathe topless on beaches etc… never once did I or my brother find this a sexual thing because we were not taught that it was. If anything we didn’t notice boobs as much because we saw them as just a body part and not something dirty or rude. My Mum’s only regret about sun bathing was cancer. Nothing to do with sexualisation.

When my friend Charlotte released these photo of her and her child it was reported for nudity and sexual content. I have no idea why a mother holding her young child skin to skin (which is actually great for bonding) is sexual. I think it’s not Charlotte who has the problem rather those who would view this kind of photo as sexual who have the problem. As I will never see a child as sexual. Especially a mother daughter photo.

Because we are so obsessed we are also obsessed with perfect boobs. Not too big as that is slutty, not too small as that is unattractive, always perky with small perfectly round nipples.

So why is it so bad that people want perfect breasts?

People are so upset when their bodies change from breastfeeding etc.. and when it comes to things like cancer as we are told that boobs make us women the thought of having them taken away, even if this could potentially save your life seems terrifying. Not because you need to breastfeed but because we have been told this is us taking away our femininity and that is why so many women are scared to go through life saving surgeries… because of the way society has made “no breasts” unattractive.

Trust me I personally could write a list on big boob problems however we are here today to discuss Charlotte who is on the flip side to me.

Charlotte for me is one of my oldest friends, in fact she is family to me. We have grown up together and this girl has her own very courageous story about her health but that is Charlotte’s story to tell. I am here to talk about the way Charlotte is seen by others, probably those who do not know her.

.Flat chested. Pancake tits. Mosquito bites. AA Batteries. Itty Bitty Titty Committee. Bee Stings.

Please do not say this to Charlotte… Like ever.. To be honest, it will probably be one of your biggest mistakes…

• Do they make you insecure?
  • Are you sure you should wear that.. Like can you fill it out?
  • Men like curves now.
  • Your boobs are sooooo cute!
  • Would you ever have a boob job?
  • How much padding is in your bra today!
  • You are lucky you don’t need to buy bras.
  • Have you seen that new push up bra? You could actually look like you have boobs..
  • I’d at least need a proper handful.

Does Charlotte having smaller boobs make her unattractive?

Maybe instead of worrying what Charlotte’s chest looks like we should talk about her courage, bravery, her fight she puts up against her illnesses, her love for her daughter, how funny she is, how confident she can make others feel and her intelligence because at the end of the day; Charlotte is Pretty! You Know, For Any Type Of Girl and there is much more to her than this.

Don’t forget to check out our last campaign post; You Are Pretty! You Know, For A Tall Girl.

You can hit Charlotte up on insta; @lottiedboo.

And for photography our photographer as always is @graceeperryphotography or you can find her on her new site here.

1. 9th May 2018 / 1:51 pm

every woman is unique! it’s all matter of intelligence… how clever you are not to see everything related to sex! I really enjoyed your friends photo! So no, she is not less attractive because of the boobs! She is really beautiful, because she feels beautiful

2. 9th May 2018 / 7:00 pm

What courage Charlotte represents! She is beautiful for the person she is..

3. 10th May 2018 / 4:40 pm

Really great post! I love what you say about the sexualisation of breasts. I’ve also not fathomed the concept of people sexualising, for example, women breast feeding. Breasts are such a natural thing and for people to take offence is baffling.

Also found Charlotte’s story and confidence very inspiring, as someone who struggles with being “flat-chested” and the insecurities that it definitely brings.

Great post!

Sophia
    sophiacarey.co.uk // sophiacarey.blogspot.co.uk

4. 10th May 2018 / 10:52 pm

This is beautiful! Such a great representation of empowerment! Women a criticized for the silliest things and I love the stance this article takes to go against that.

5. Laurence
    11th May 2018 / 1:09 am

I definitely agree, she is one courageous, brave and confident Mom. Me too don’t have big boobs, but I like mine because they are just the small but perfect size and perky. And for a mom like her, after giving birth, she definitely love her body before and after.

6. 11th May 2018 / 7:21 am

I don’t think women should be measured by how big their boobs are. I don’t get it, are our brains there? I’m really tired of all this body shaming. Charlotte is such an amazing mother and woman and that’s not because of her boobs.

7. 11th May 2018 / 11:51 am

i can’t believe that someone would say anything about the size of a woman’s breasts, everyone is different and that’s what makes the world an exciting and interesting place x

8. 11th May 2018 / 4:20 pm

Great post and very very well put. Whatever your size and shape you’re a person and measuring you by one body part makes no sense at all.

9. 11th May 2018 / 6:48 pm

She is a true goddess in my book! You go mama, you go and don’t listen to anyone!

10. 12th May 2018 / 2:54 am

I agree fully with you, we over sexulize things and then people freak out about what is 100% natural and beautiful. There is nothing wrong with her photos, or her. Beautiful

11. 12th May 2018 / 3:01 am

This post is awesome, and I couldn’t agree more with all of these points. I’m on the other side of the fence, where I think my boobs are too big and for a long time, I wanted to go under the knife to have them reduced so they looked better in cute tops. But like you pointed out, and which I know subconsciously, our breasts serve a biological purpose. That’s literally what they’re there for. Thank you for such an upfront and honest post. I also loved the mother/daughter pictures. They are beautiful.

12th May 2018 / 9:09 am

You’re the same as me then! Xx

12. Tawnya
    12th May 2018 / 4:55 am

I completely agree with you in that I don’t get why people get so offended by breastfeeding. As you point out, that is the natural reason for breasts. Unfortunately, society has made them a sexualized thing and so that’s what we think of when we see them.

13. 12th May 2018 / 5:24 pm

A beautiful and well-done post that discusses real issues in a real mature way. I appreciate your post! Thank you and the beautiful Charlotte for sharing!

14. 12th May 2018 / 10:58 pm

I think the true beauty of an individual is inside her. But honestly, she is just plain and simply gorgeous no matter what. And the pictures with her daughter are adorable. So cute! I love the series you are doing.

15. 13th May 2018 / 12:56 am

I have a small chest but I’m on the shorter side so I’ve never had any issues. I can’t believe this! Good for you for standing up for yourself.

16. 13th May 2018 / 6:38 am

I never really understood why breasts are so sexualized. While I rarely deal or tolerate these type of comments, I remember posting a picture of myself in an Elvira costume eons ago. Then, a stranger sent me a message and basically told me I shouldn’t wear that since I couldn’t fill it out. It goes to show a person’s low mentality level if they feel the need to comment on someone’s body.

17. 13th May 2018 / 7:59 am

Bravo!!! Amen to this article!! I am a proud flat chested woman myself and for a while I used to hide my non existent chest but then saw over time how beautiful all women are regardless of their chest size. This post resonates so much with me Amazing!! x

18. 13th May 2018 / 2:09 pm

With a small chest the woman can wear cuter clothes. I love shirts with the back out, but I can’t wear them without my bra showing so I avoid them. Also larger breast can be heavy and uncomfortable. I honestly wasn’t sure where you going with this post, but the overall message was so hugely important. I really believe that we all should find contentment in the body that we have. Thanks for shedding a positive light on this issue.

19. 13th May 2018 / 4:33 pm

We really are so weird about this in the US. Why can’t a woman breastfeed in public? It’s just a child drinking milk like they’re supposed to do. People are so uptight about some stuff. I live in Europe now and I’ve noticed that a lot of little girls will go swimming with no top on. Just their bikini bottoms. No one says anything because it’s just a child. I feel like that could never happen in the US.

20. 13th May 2018 / 9:39 pm

I love this, well done for sharing this and bravo for having the courage to show how beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!

21. 13th May 2018 / 10:10 pm

I took me a couple of years to accept my flat chest but now, I wouldn`t go under surgery not even if it was free. They are a part of me, they don`t define who I am as a person. Acceptance and loving your body comes with age but I am glad to see this revolution in online. The revolution of being YOUrself. ♥

22. 14th May 2018 / 9:42 am

It really doesn’t matter whether you are flat chested or one with bigger chest . A women shouldn’t be defined by her body . This is a really great post . I’m really proud of you for sharing it .

23. 14th May 2018 / 9:47 pm

Great post! I like that you touched on the subject of breastfeeding and how people feel uncomfortable with the idea of women breastfeeding in public. In my humble opinion, there is nothing sexual about it, but what it is in people’s mind and those who are uncomfortable with it. I think the discomfort comes from their own dirty thoughts and judgemental standards of what breast represent.

14th May 2018 / 10:20 pm

100% agree!

24. Patrice
    14th May 2018 / 10:36 pm

I always love you posts as you always speak about real life issues. I am someone who has big boobs and always felt like I needed to cover them to not offend other people but I feel we should accept and love women’s bodies and praise them.

14th May 2018 / 10:37 pm

I have big boobs too and feel the same!

25. Jennifer Prince
    20th May 2018 / 3:05 pm

Has anyone actually said that to her?? I really find it hard to believe that someone would associate someone being pretty with their breast size. I think all shapes, sizes, ethnicities and ages are lovely in their own right. <3

20th May 2018 / 3:11 pm