As you have probably seen since my last food review I have not even posted this month! For me, although regular content is extremely important, I only like to blog when I am fully into it. And well the last few weeks I just haven’t been. Life has been crazy. I have so much going on in my private life it is insane, way too much negativity and pain. One of those was loosing one of my childhood friends Drew Llewelyn aka Blu Chyna.
Sometimes having someone you can talk to helps more than anything and he was definitely one of the few people who use to keep me sane. And hopefully I did the same for him. Loosing a friend is hard, what is harder is when you realise that you can no longer be there for each other in a way you once hoped. Drew was one of my biggest supports on this blog and since he has passed my motivation has gone to right down to 0.
Honestly the amount of Netflix and Tetris I have played is scary. But then something very crazy happened. Someone on twitter spoke about support from a friend and it made me think about all the times we had supported each other. You know when you just have that light bulb moment? It made me think of all the help and honesty about my blog from Drew… trust me he was honest! Through out our friendship we supported each other in every way we could; makeup chat and advice, sharing posts, taking photos for each other, putting each other first, sticking up for each other in arguments and disagreements or even if it was just a few words of encouragement. One thing he did do for me which no-one else had, was tell me about how eye-opening some of my posts were and how we need to use our platforms for change. So me giving up now just seems ridiculous. A while ago drew helped me with a goal list to help me keep on top of my blog so. Every month I am going to start out with writing down my goals as if Drew was helping me. As he always helped no matter what. No matter how ill. No matter where he was. So why should now be different?
My June Goals
- To stay motivated. Like Drew I think its time to just keep going no matter how shit I feel.
- Reach a higher social media following. This may seem a bit trivial but for blogging social media is everything! I am so determined to start getting myself out there more and really use this as a platform to make a difference.
- Stay above 1.5k views. In February I was only on 150.. last month I finished on 1.8k.
- Continue campaign work. To keep sharing and campaigning on behalf of myself and Drew.
- Set up a media kit for more collabs and sponsored posts.
- Find out about blogging events. I think its time to meet new people!
- Post at least once a week.
- Get more organised!
- Spend at least 3 days a week doing focus work.
- Just start having fun with it all again. The idea of blogging became a chore and its time to go back to when it first started and start seeing it as fun again!