I wasn’t actually planning on posting today but last night I received a nomination for the Liebster Award 2018! This is an award which is given to you by fellow bloggers as a way to share and discover new and different people in the blogger community as well as a way as getting to know them yourself. And as one of my goals which was mentioned in the last post was to meet and talk to new bloggers I just couldn’t miss out on this opportunity.
So what happens with the nomination?
So simply you have to just follow the rules which are all here. But if you are not nominated and you are just here for the read all you need to know is:
- You have to mention the person who nominated you as a little thank you.
- Write a little paragraph about why you blog/began blogging.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 people to continue the chain and answer your 11 questions which you make up and give to them.
Melanie who works under the name Life Style Bella was the person who nominated me! So thank you Melanie. I was quite shocked but very pleased to receive a nomination from you! You can check out her blog and her instagram for beauty, recipe and health tips. You can also check out her Liebster Award post here.
I Blog Because…
I started blogging because I was working under the Princes Trust Enterprise Scheme. If you don’t know what the Princes Trust is it is a charitable organisation which help young people enter the world of self employment by helping and guiding them to start their own business. To start with I wanted to open my own free from patisserie so I decided instead of a website I was going to blog all about food! I then fell in love with blogging. One thing I have always been good at through out my school life was English. Before I left school early I had taken part of my English exams and I had achieved an A* throughout. So to be in a position where I could continue doing something in this field just felt pretty good. Soon my blog started to develop. I decided to use it as a platform to talk about everything I believe in and that is where the Iya – Louisa’s values came in to play. This is where all of our campaign work comes in, the mental health posts, personal life, cruelty free beauty and of course I stuck to our foodie adventures, because good food tho. To this day I have a passion for writing, making a stand and well just being heard haha 💁🏽
- How would you define happiness?
Wow. This is a tricky one to start with! So happiness for me is the uncontrollable feeling you get of positivity where in that particular moment all other feelings of negativity disappear. This can be brief. You can’t force it and happiness can be achieved by so many different things. I can be happy because I am doing something I love or I can literally be happy because I have chocolate.
- You were given a garden to plant one flower, which would it be and why?
This one is easy! A sunflower. I don’t know what its is but they just make me super happy! I have one tattooed on me and well they are also super easy to look after!
- Who would you rather live with, someone who can cook/bake or someone who can do home improvements?
I can cook and bake pretty well so I would rather someone be able to do all my home improvements for me as I definitely know how I want to design my house! Although I did actually paint my office yesterday.. ooo. But don’t worry Nathan you are safe.
- Out of all the cartoons and shows you ever watched as a kid, which one would you rather live and why?
I’d probably either want to be True Jackson VP because she was so young and a female boss. Like who wouldn’t want to be Keke Palmer? Or Wizards of Waverly Place because, well, Magic. Whats that? A hat? Crazy, funky, junky hat? Overslept, hair unsightly? Yeah, trying to look like Kiera Knightley. We’ve been there, we’ve done that, we see right through you funky hat. Sorry… not sorry.
- Have you ever done something because someone told you too and regretted it after? If so, what was it?
Yes uh… *cough Andy tuck* “Yeah he’s such a nice guy go for it”. Yeah thanks for that one!
- If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
Ok this depends on context for me. As Beyoncé is in the mix. Iskra Lawrence etc… But I guess I am going to have to go with Eminem. He is literally everything ever. I bet you were expecting a very good feminist vegan celebrity or something but no. Eminem. My favourite rapper who I am going to see live next month AAAAH.
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
I love the majestic Lion and have always carried a lion teddy around with me from like age 6. Although I probably resemble more like a panda.. veggie, takes a million naps and eats a lot.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done and until now, no one ever knew?
This is a hard one because I am pretty sure for it to feel embarrassing people kind of know about it? And I do embarrassing things all the time. My life is a mess lol. It could be the time I got catfished by like one of those emotions guy pics by these two bitches called Charlotte and Megan at school when I was like 13? Ooo or the nip slip at my year 6 leaving concert rehearsal because I had a strapless dress. I had recurring nightmares about that. Not really embarrassing nowadays though.
- Tomorrow grows out of today. What does that statement mean to you?
Yes as I have said I am good at English but I hated the over analysis like maybe the kitchen was blue just because they wanted it to be fucking blue. The statement has no emotional connection to me so sorry but it doesn’t mean anything.
- What does the world need more of?
Peace and good vibes ✌🏽
You are given 24 hours to do anything you want with an unlimited budget. What would you do?
- Buy a shit load of fully furnished properties to sell the next day.
- Buy everything I need for my own cafe.
- Book a load of all-inclusive holidays for me and my family/friends with excursions.
And The Nominations Are…
- Fork and Veg Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- HowLindyCsIt Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Caroo Makeup Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Female Original Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Embumblex Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Alys Journals Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Come Read With Me Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Aesthetic Obsessed Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Sophie’s Point Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- HALE Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
- Amy Louise Irving Instagram//Twitter//Blog.
Here are my 11 questions to you:
- What is your favourite book/movie quote and why?
- You could steal anyones wardrobe, who’s would it be and why?
- Where is your dream travel destination and why?
- Who inspires your blog the most?
- You can spend a day with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?
- You can only live on one meal for the rest of your life, what will it be?
- You can only use one make up/beauty product what is it?
- Your go to beauty brand is… and why?
- You have one wish for your future what is it?
- What one thing do you want to do to change the world?
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
Dont forget to follow the rules linked and please let me know when you have posted as I would love to see all of your answers!