You are Pretty! You know, For A Tattooed Girl.

You are Pretty! You know, For A Tattooed Girl.

The campaign is finally continuing! I’ve been asked by a few if this campaign is finished. But no this is not America where you just cut series half way through with no real ending (yes I am still a little sore about gossip girl). But this blog has to cover a load of topics and mixed with personal events sometimes the series on here may not be as flowing as you want. Sorry but that’s just how its got to be. But without further ado it’s time for our next hateful society saying, “You Are Pretty! You Know, For A Tattooed Girl.” Ok ok I know what you are thinking. It’s only the older generation who a prejudice and those weird christians against tattoos pages on Facebook. But no unfortunately it’s not. Although millennial’s (yep us) are more acceptable to people getting tattoos there is still prejudice towards them. And this can normally be divided into two categories “You are getting that?” and “You are getting it where?”.

You are getting that?

This is an easy one to start. Nowadays people just love to put their opinions everywhere whether they are wanted or not. So when you have explained your tattoo concept you’ll often find one person who simply does not approve. This can be because they don’t get it e.g. when someone on snapchat literally laughed at the fact that I would have a piece of punctuation behind my ear. Not understanding that a semi colon is actually a symbol to represent mental health awareness and suicide prevention. I hope he felt like a dick after. The thing is if a tattoo has any meaning to you whatsoever and people don’t get it. Oh well. It’s not for them it’s for you. I had a friend who had an outline of a Diplodocus behind her ear for no apparent reason whatsoever. But it’s her body so who cares. This is the same for “cliché tattoos”. If your tattoo idea is not completely original or unique to you but you really love the idea or it is meaningful to you go for it.

You are getting it where?

Another thing people love to comment on is where you are getting a tattoo. Don’t get me wrong in some cases I understand it will look better placed in certain areas depending on sizing and shape but I am talking about the people who like to comment on the fact that its visible. “But what about jobs?” If you have something ridiculously offence on you then yeah, worry. If you have “mum” or a “flower” etc… then that’s up to you. If you want to cover it, cover it. If you don’t, don’t. If people in this modern society really think having a tattoo makes you incapable of carrying out your job you probably don’t want to work with them as they have a low IQ anyway. Oh the shade of it all.

Now this is the big one. Why are we so upset about where women get their tattoos? Lower back = Tramp stamp. Near breasts or upper thighs = slags. Sleeves = masculine and can’t wear dresses. Like please just stop. Where you place a tattoo has nothing to do with who you are as a person or how attractive you are. Most of the time it’s about where the piece itself will look good. Stop judging someone else art to make your boring self feel better. If you really hate tattoos or tattoos in certain places then I have a simple solution for you. Don’t get one.

Now it is time to meet Michelle.

Does Michelle having tattoos make her unattractive?

Michelle has different styles of tattoos and beautiful sleeve work which for stupid reasons in today’s society is seen as masculine. Michelle has been told before that dresses don’t go with her tattoos or what about when she’s older or won’t that affect her career wise? But as you can tell by these striking photos that Michelle is a woman who is strong and won’t take any shit from society. THANK GOD.

Michelle is a highly educated, probably over qualified in so many different fields, beautiful, funny, crazy, unique, caring person and is Pretty! You Know, For Any Type Of Girl. Oh and she will happily rock her tattoos in stunning “feminine” dresses and get more done.

Don’t forget to check out our last campaign post; You are Pretty! You know, For A Depressed Guy.

And for photography our photographer as always is @graceeperryphotography or you can find her on her new site here.

1. L
    25th June 2018 / 6:23 pm

I love tattoos on women or men lots of them have true meaning . My mums friend didn’t get one till she was over 65 it was a butterfly to represent her mum that had sadly passed . The artists these days are so good , gone are the days when people used to have a badly drawn anchor .

2. 25th June 2018 / 10:09 pm

I personally don’t have tattoos because I’ve never known how I’d feel about them when I get older. But it’s definitely interesting to see someone else’s body art.

3. 26th June 2018 / 9:32 am

Ι really like tattoos. I condsider them like art of the body! I am planning to have also one with a tiny cloud and an arrow 🙂 Something to start with!

26th June 2018 / 10:04 am

Love it!

4. Walker
    26th June 2018 / 10:00 am

Such an amazing blog Iya! Keep it up!
    My work makes me Cover my tattoos, so I have to wear a long sleeve dress,top or suit all year round, for just have a nice little squiggle on my arm. I really do think companies need to change their rules on it all.

26th June 2018 / 10:04 am

It seems crazy to me that in this day and age people still worry about tattoos so much!

5. Tonya Tardiff
    26th June 2018 / 3:33 pm

I love tattoos! I think they’re beautiful and I have always admired them.

6. 26th June 2018 / 4:47 pm

In my family they dont like tattoos. but i think it will look cool after having tattoos . if i permitted then definitely. nice

7. kim
    27th June 2018 / 11:24 pm

I think that whether you like them or not, you should respect the person’s decision to get one. And if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.

8. Laurence
    27th June 2018 / 11:59 pm

Awesome. Those girls with tattoos are really brave. The needle really hurts and how long for the tattoos to be done? especially the big one. So expressive 😀

9. 28th June 2018 / 1:10 am

Tatoo are looked by other people as a fashion trend.. If you have many than they think you do funky things not a real wlrk.. Perception… Dont ha ve a tatoo but want one. Searching for a meaningful tatoo which says about me.

10. 28th June 2018 / 4:56 am

Tattoos are artistic. While not everyone is into body art for themselves, I’m sure others can admire the “tats” from a distance or while observing others.

11. 28th June 2018 / 7:57 am

I am personally crazy about tattoos. Today there are so many good artists gone are those days when people used to have weird tattoos. And yes tattoos do make look pretty. Now I am more curious to have one

12. 28th June 2018 / 2:52 pm

Tattoos are a true representation of one’s personality too. Your tattoos are so artistic and beautiful.

13. 28th June 2018 / 4:03 pm

Michelle is a gorgeous woman. A piece of art who covered herself in more art, nothing less.

I do look up to her, as someone who is working to age gracefully myself. She has nothing to be ashamed of for openly wearing her self-expression.

This is a great article that shines light on an important issue. Tattoos are only as ‘bad’ as the MEANING we attack to them ourselves.

14. suchi
    28th June 2018 / 4:40 pm

Ι really like tattoos. I do have one and plan to get more! Its actually an artistic expression

15. 28th June 2018 / 5:17 pm

It’s good that in this day and age that tattoos are becoming more acceptable, especially in the workplace. However, there is always that one person that doesn’t approve of them and will make sure that you know it.

16. 2nd July 2018 / 5:24 pm

For me whilst I have tattoos I am not a real fan of them, but when they are done right, they can look very beautiful.

7th July 2018 / 4:42 pm

Personally I think tattoos are art and our bodies are ours to do as we please with! I really like your tattoos they are lovely.