At the start of last month I wrote a little post all about things that I have learnt from my Grandad in a way to celebrate his
birthday, if you missed it you can check it out here. Today it is my Nan’s birthday so it only seems fair to write a post all about her as well. Instead of handing you all a tape… (if you are getting this reference well done! if not then don’t worry, you’re probably just not a Netflix addict or aware of what has been going on in the world over the past couple years …) I thought I’d post all 13 Reasons Why… My Nan is better than yours, right here. So let’s begin.
13 Reasons Why My Nan Is Better Than Yours:
- My Nan taught me that Fairies and magic are real. My Nan is the reason I have a massive fairy collection, a fairy tattoo and a childhood which was filled with wonder, excitement and midnight feasts.
- My Nan can cook and bake anything you want. If it’s veggie sausage rolls with caramelised onions or fudge. You will never go hungry at my Nan’s.
- My Nan see’s the good in every single person no matter who they are.
- My Nan can fix and sew anything, whether it’s to put darts in a dress or sorting out the underwire on your bra, Nan will fix it. If its making tiny dresses for fairies or complete new outfits for china dolls my Nan will do it.
- My Nan never gives up. Even when things aren’t going to plan around her she always stays strong.
- My Nan knows every tip and trick in the world. Whether it’s getting the worst stain out to keeping away bugs my Nan has remedies for everything.
- My Nan can “rest” her eyes absolutely anywhere! (She’s assured us it isn’t sleeping!)
- My Nan always wants to help. This can be helping you wash up or it can be getting you out of a rut. You can always count on my Nan whether you asked for her help or not.
- My Nan is always proud of her kids and grandchildren no matter what. She still displays “whitey the swan” the uh green blob my mum made over 40 years ago (sorry Mum it is terrible).
- My Nan will always listen to you. She will talk to you for hours about anything and won’t make a single complaint.
- My Nan is queen of puzzles. And has taught me how to play so many games, she is the reason that Gabby and I won the easter sudoko challenge in our year 7 Spanish class.
- My Nan is so generous and will always give with all of her heart.
- My Nan is practically perfect in every single way.