My Goals : The August Edition

My Goals : The August Edition

It’s a new month and we are already 2/3 into this year! Like damn. How has this gone so quickly? This post is again going to be different from before… Let me just spill the T.

This month my mental health has been pure shite. I have no other way of really putting it; so there it is. I have been having a couple of ups and great weekends don’t get me wrong! I have had my boyfriends birthday and I went to go and see Eminem which was a bucket list moment I never thought would happen! Even better than that our tickets got upgraded and we were in the golden circle practically at the front. Then I had a great time showing my boyfriend around London. So I bet you’re thinking how on earth have I had a shit month?

The Mental Health Scales (this may not be scientifically and medically accurate!).

So I was about a 4 on the depression scale and a 5 on the anxiety. I can not control my emotions at all due to my mental health so when it hits me; it hits me hard. That mixed with the scale I am sure you can understand why it was a bit of a shit month. That was until something happened. My family got some amazing news which I am actually not going to share with you as it’s a little private. But things just seemed to feel good again. A weight had been taken off everyone’s shoulders and everyone just seemed happier. Then it hit me. It doesn’t always take a year or so many months to change your life it can happen in a second. So it’s time to start living for now and not for when.

“Happiness is a habit – Cultivate it.” Elbert Hubbard.

That brings me to this months goals.

My August Goals

1. Stop beating yourself up about situations you can not change.
  2. Cut out all negative influences on your life. If that’s an object or a person.
  3. Start to enjoy life more, even the little things.
  4. Stick to a form of routine on the days that I can.
  5. Start to be healthier. Wether that’s sleeping or diet.
  6. Go to the gym 3 times a week again.
  7. Learn something new.
  8. Start to read more actual books. Netflix isn’t life. Even if the new season of OITNB has come out…
  9. Compliment yourself more.
  10. Blog. But blog because I want too. About things that I am passionate about.

1. 31st July 2018 / 10:00 am

Eminem is great… mental health is truly important… Ur goal is good enough.. hope you meet ur goal..

2. 31st July 2018 / 10:09 am

Your goals are great but this time I am unable to make any goals because lately I am having too many anxiety attacks and it’s driving me crazy. I can’t share the problems. Even I have taken a break from my medical career I am not seeing any patients neither can I tell the authority what I’m dealing with. I am on a heavy medication. I’m giving up on myself.

3. 31st July 2018 / 4:50 pm

Nice and informative post and I hope you are doing well. I am so jealous that you saw Eminem…. that would be a check off of my bucket list as well. Thank you for this insightful post and good luck to you!

4. 31st July 2018 / 8:15 pm

I totally feel you, I’ve been in the same state mostly because of work stress and my anxiety that causes panic attacks and IBS.
    You can do it. Believe in yourself. xx
    xoxo MonsterFrogaki (MyLifeasFoteini)

31st July 2018 / 8:27 pm

Thank you! Same for you xx

5. 1st August 2018 / 3:49 am

Those goals are very realistic. I know you can do it. Thanks for sharing a personal part of your life!

6. Rosey
    1st August 2018 / 1:20 pm

I love that your tickets got upgraded! Congrats. Here’s hoping for a better overal newl month.

7. 1st August 2018 / 4:16 pm

Wish you good luck with your August goals. Wow! Getting an upgrade is super. We have been lucky a few times with our flights and hotel stays too! Happy that birthday celebrations made you achieve one of your bucket lists things 🙂 Noticed one of your goals is to read books. You could look up Backpacking North East India: A Curious Journey. Its a book that follows the footsteps of two backpackers who travel in 4 winter months to North East India and expand their idea of a nation!

8. Tonya Tardiff
    1st August 2018 / 11:14 pm

I really love this post! I need to write down my mental health goals for this month as well. Love the charts you included as well–those help me to narrow down how I’m feeling!

9. 2nd August 2018 / 7:42 am

Good luck for your august goals. You truly inspire me to count every moment of life. I too planned some goals for this month.

2nd August 2018 / 6:08 pm

I like the idea to recognise your own needs and make goals toward them. I actually think I will take on board this advice myself. Best of luck on your August.

11. 2nd August 2018 / 10:20 pm

I think it’s good to make goals as it gives you a focus and direction however try and not be too hard on your self if you miss some.

12. 4th August 2018 / 9:12 am

your goals are so realistic and achievable. It is funny how we forget the simple things in life and get so busy with work and life in general. Sometimes we just need to stop and take a deep breath and enjoy the moment and live in the present.

13. Blair Villanueva
    6th August 2018 / 4:58 am

I am very poor in listing and following my goals each month, but am trying to change that. Yours are awesome and hope you can crossed it at least 70% of it, right?!

14. 27th August 2018 / 6:36 am

I hope you achieve every single of them ✊