It’s a new month and we are already 2/3 into this year! Like damn. How has this gone so quickly? This post is again going to be different from before… Let me just spill the T.
This month my mental health has been pure shite. I have no other way of really putting it; so there it is. I have been having a couple of ups and great weekends don’t get me wrong! I have had my boyfriends birthday and I went to go and see Eminem which was a bucket list moment I never thought would happen! Even better than that our tickets got upgraded and we were in the golden circle practically at the front. Then I had a great time showing my boyfriend around London. So I bet you’re thinking how on earth have I had a shit month?
The Mental Health Scales (this may not be scientifically and medically accurate!).
So I was about a 4 on the depression scale and a 5 on the anxiety. I can not control my emotions at all due to my mental health so when it hits me; it hits me hard. That mixed with the scale I am sure you can understand why it was a bit of a shit month. That was until something happened. My family got some amazing news which I am actually not going to share with you as it’s a little private. But things just seemed to feel good again. A weight had been taken off everyone’s shoulders and everyone just seemed happier. Then it hit me. It doesn’t always take a year or so many months to change your life it can happen in a second. So it’s time to start living for now and not for when.
“Happiness is a habit – Cultivate it.” Elbert Hubbard.
That brings me to this months goals.
My August Goals
- Stop beating yourself up about situations you can not change.
- Cut out all negative influences on your life. If that’s an object or a person.
- Start to enjoy life more, even the little things.
- Stick to a form of routine on the days that I can.
- Start to be healthier. Wether that’s sleeping or diet.
- Go to the gym 3 times a week again.
- Learn something new.
- Start to read more actual books. Netflix isn’t life. Even if the new season of OITNB has come out…
- Compliment yourself more.
- Blog. But blog because I want too. About things that I am passionate about.